ICC’s Summer Camp Counselor program has a strong emphasis on leadership, exploration, and adventure. Camp counselors are led by a team of experienced professionals. Our counselors are screened and trained to provide an enriching experience for each camper, while honing their own personal development skills.
All counselors have to register through the link below to be chosen for the role.
There will be multiple interview dates which you can choose when the interview schedule is sent out via email. This will be followed by a training session. Interview schedule will be announced in March 2024. It will be on a first come first serve basis. You also have to sign the liability form by your parent/guardian when you come for the interview.
1. Counselors will assist the ICC staff in implementing exciting summer camp programs for school-aged children.
2. They will supervise daily activities, games, crafts and be actively involved with the safety of campers.
3. They may choose to get trained to be Instructor Assistants to help relay instructions to campers who need more assistance.
5. Screening for Summer Camp Internships will take place in April 2024. No applications will be accepted after March 31st, 2024 for Internships.Working hours – choose from 2 shifts (8:00 am – 4:00 pm or 10:00 am – 6:00 pm)
All counselors will be provided T-shirts, daily lunch and Certificates for ICC Community Hours. The Presidential Volunteer Service Awards will be granted to qualifying candidates with over 3 weeks of volunteer hours.
1. Must be in high school or entering 9th grade in fall of 2024
2. Responsible, energetic & creative
3. Enjoys working with kids
4. Team player
5. Able to commit to volunteering for minimum of 3 weeks
6. Enthusiastic about coordinating and leading activities.
Junior Camp Counselors (Grades 9th – 10th)
Junior counselors get hands-on experience in group leadership, child development and conflict resolution while earning 120 hours of community service.
Senior Camp Counselors (Grades 10th-12th)
Senior Counselors must have a minimum of one summer as a Junior Counselor, at ICC summer camps. Senior Counselors work with young campers, receive leadership training and help develop programs while earning volunteer hours of community service. Some returning Senior Counselors may be exempt from the interviews and training, but they still need to apply for the position.