Jobs At ICC
Preschool/Afterschool Lead Teacher
ICC is the largest Indo – American focused community organization in the U.S. ICC’s mission is to promote Indian culture and values by providing social, cultural, recreational and community programs, thereby uniting the Indian community, and raising awareness about Indian culture in the local community. ICC has raised $30M+ from the community, and operates 3 facilities in the San Francisco Bay Area. The organization provides 500+ program annually, including a preschool, summer camps, senior programs, medical and legal clinics, table tennis, youth and adult fitness programs as well as cultural and educational programs. ICC is a non-religious, non-regional, non-profit organization.
General Function and Classroom Responsibilities:
A Child Care After school/Preschool Lead Teacher assists the Program Director in implementing activities for a group of children. A lead Teacher must meet minimum ECE 12 units as per California licensing requirements. Administrative duties may include:
- Curriculum planning and implementation (organizing resources/supplies/books for the day)
- Prep the classroom before the children arrive with planned activities
- Maintain a clean and organized facility (includes classroom toys and equipment indoor/outdoor)
- Build positive relationships with other staff members, children and parents (good communication skills)
- Performing housekeeping tasks in the classroom (set up and clean up after activities and snack/lunch)
- Perform clerical tasks (making and maintaining lists/logs about items needed for the classroom)
- Accompany and supervise students going on bathroom breaks and recess and other activities (will need to assist/change clothes of children in case of bathroom accidents)
- Assist the teacher on an instructional level. As a teacher aide, you will be required to reinforce the instruction the teacher provides to students. She may request that you work with some students on an individual basis or in small groups
- This position requires a commitment to the ICC Mission and its core values of: Unite Serve. Celebrate as well as a commitment to the ICC Preschool Philosophy.
- Prefer prior references and 2 plus experience working with children in an organized program.
- Certified in Pediatric CPR and First Aid (or be certified within 30 days of hire).
- Complete Live Scan/Fingerprinting on the day of hire.
- Proof of medical/TB exam completed within 3 days of hire.
- Minimum age of 25 years required.
- Applicants must carry valid California driver’s license and work permit and should have a clean driving record.
- After school Teacher’s Aide position will require to pick up children from the nearby schools that we cater to and bring them to the ICC facility
- Applicants must be over 25years of age
- We prefer prior teaching experience
- Prior recommendations and references required
- Non-exempt Full time Posistion ( 30 to 40 hrs/week)
- Salary: $16.00 to $17.00/hr.
- Please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.