- Looking to enhance your communication and leadership skills? Ace a job interview? Ignite your career?
- Learn to give Impressive speeches and presentations in English to the public, media or in the office.
- Improve your Communication, Leadership and Public Speaking skills in a friendly and supportive environment.
- Improve your pronunciation, grammar and accent. Learn new words, phrases, body language, vocal variety and effective use of the stage.
- Guest Cost: Free. Open to all. Come join us at a meeting and see what we're all about. In exactly one hour!
- Activities: Each meeting, every member will have a chance to speak in front of people, either prepared or impromptu speeches. The meeting has three parts - the first part features prepared speeches, the second part involves impromptu speeches by randomly selected members and the third part consists of evaluation of the speeches. And finally awards. A friendly competition ensures members give their best.
- Atmosphere: Meetings are friendly and lively with plenty of encouragement and support for each other. You will learn a lot and laugh aplenty as you listen to stories, experiences, and ideas of fellow members.
Are you a bookworm? Do you want to be part of a group that has like-minded people who love to read and discuss your kind of books. Do you want to launch into enthralling plot line debates, argue about your favorite authors and use the book club forum to tell other readers which parts made you laugh and cry, which parts made you angry, and why the book is a must-read.
Come join ICC’s new book club – we will meet once every 2 months, talk about a variety of books, both fiction and non-fiction, and maybe flavor the evening with spicy snacks and pungent arguments.
Book recommendations gratefully accepted. The book must have a connection with the Asian sub-continent, be worthy of discussion, and preferably not exceed 350 pages.
The next meeting of the book club is on Wednesday, May 20, 2015, and the book selected is Monica Ali's " Brick Lane".
For more information, please contact Sheila Mohan.
Gujarati Literary Group - Bethak
Meets the last Friday of each month at India Community Center.
Our aim is to:
- Preserve and promote Gujarati mother tongue in the bay area.
- Support and encourage the community members to read & write in their Matrubhasha
- Bringing together the community members without any religious barrier.
- Provide a platform to local singers, writers & artists to showcase their talent and also encourage youth to participate in poetry recitation contests.
For more information, please contact Pragna Dadbhawala.
The ICC Karaoke Club meets once a month on the 4th Friday (January - October). It is an Open Mic event and entry is free for ICC members and non-members. Singers who sign-up between 7:30 - 8:00 pm can usually be assured of a spot in the singers line-up.
Karaoke at ICC is a family event and a great place to socialize, make friends with similar interests. Even if you are not up to it or shy you can approach one of the program hosts and they will guide you or arrange a duet for you to help you overcome your fears. This club gives great opportunity for sharpening your singing skills in a crowd, and is a great training ground for singing contests and even if you ever plan to go professional someday!
We have the finest audio equipment and are very proud of and everyone who sings feels like a STAR!!!